Landmark Management Services Central Washington LLC fully supports the principles of the Fair Housing Act (Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968), as amended, which generally prohibits discrimination in the sale, rental, and financing of dwellings, and in other housing-related transactions, based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status, handicap (disability), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and Veteran/Military Status. Landmark Management Services Central Washington complies, in all respects, with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to the real estate industry, including without limitation, the requirements imposed by the Fair Housing Act. As an adjunct to the foregoing commitment, Landmark Management Services Central Washington actively promotes, and is committed to, creating and fostering an environment of diversity throughout its organization and views this concept as a critical component to the on-going success of its business operations.
If you suspect there may have been a violation of any law (Federal, Washington State or local) concerning a Fair Housing issue, the following procedures should be followed:
- Contact the administrative offices of Landmark Management Services Central Washington LLC and explain the reason for your concern.
- A housing specialist will be assigned to your complaint and an investigation of the issues will result from your contact
- Our housing specialist will also contact you within a reasonable period of time, following the investigation, to resolve the issue in your complaint.
- You also have the right to formalize a complaint with a governmental authority.
- For additional resources on Fair Housing please see the following: